Water Damage in Morehead City NC
Everybody knows if there’s a water leak upstairs…that water will find its way downstairs. SERVPRO was called to water damage late one afternoon that apparently started in the second floor bathroom that morning. The homeowners were at work so they didn’t discover the problem until they got home. The first floor ceilings had fallen to the floor, the carpeting was soaked and water running out the front door, the water damage was about as bad as we see here at SERVPRO. Luckily there was part of the home that was not affected. We immediately started relocating furniture and other items to the portion of the house that was dry. Our technicians removed the remaining sheetrock that evening, cleaned up, treated to prevent mold and set air movers and dehumidifiers to start the drying process. By calling SERVPRO of Carteret and East Onlsow Counties quickly, the homeowners were able to minimize additional damage and save most of their furniture and other valuables!