Carteret County Fire Damage
SERVPRO advises to never leave the room when you have something cooking on your stovetop. We've all done it, a few of us have gotten lucky, others have had their kitchen or whole house go up in flames, some have gotten hurt or killed. Remember, more injuries are reported from kitchen fires than any other type of home fire.
One of our customers in Carteret County was very lucky. The lady of the house went to check on the children and came back to find her frying pan on fire. She reacted promptly and used her ABC Rated fire extinguisher to douse the flames. Besides the range hood being scorched, the damage was minimal. Still smoke and soot had spread throughout her home permeating and coating everything. SERVPRO was able to clean the walls. ceiling, floors, furniture and even the air ducts! When it was all said and done, there was no scent of smoke and no signs of soot! Another successful remediation and deodorization and the best part of all, another happy customer!!!