National Preparedness Month - Fire
It's National Preparedness Month so we're preparing for disasters that can happen at any time. With fall near, wildfire fuel will soon litter your property. Prep by removing flammable materials using the 3 HIZ Zones. Home Ignition Zone Prepare your home for wildfire IMMEDIATE ZONE: 0-5ft
- Start with the home itself
- Clean roofs and gutters of dead leaves, debris and pine needles
- replace or repair any loose or missing shingles or roof tiles.
- Clear debris from exterior attic vents
- Move any flammable material away from wall exteriors- mulch, flammable plants, leave and needles, firewood piles - anything that can burn
- Remove anything stored underneath decks or porches
INTERMEDIATE ZONE: 5-30ft.
EXTENDED ZONE: 30-100ft.
This month (September) is National Preparedness Month, so we will be sharing different ways to prepare for different disasters.