Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call today, 910-326-1344
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home's structure. Always remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will become.
The bottom line about basement flooding is that it can jeopardize your health, your safety, and your home's integrity. It is well for giving SERVPRO of Carteret & East Onslow Counties a call. Our trained professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are flooded basement professionals!
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days a Week For You.
- We are a Preferred Vendor to Many National Insurance Companies.
- We Bill the Insurance Company Directly.
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques.
- We use IICRC Restoration Standards.
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment.
It is Burn Awareness Week! February 4th-10th
Burn Awareness Week, observed the first full week of February. It is a window of opportunity for organizations to mobilize burn, fire and life safety educators to unite in sharing a common burn awareness and prevention message in our communities.
Here are just some National Burn Awareness Week facts for you to know.
- Burn injuries continue to be one of the leading causes of unintentional death and injury in the United States.
- One Civilian fire injury occurs every minute.
- Most of the burn injuries treated in burn centers occur in the home (73%) followed by work (8%).
- The life time odds of a U.S. resident dying from exposure to fire, flames, or smoke are 1 in 1,498.
- Almost one quarter (24%) of all burn injuries occur in children under the age of 15.
- 96.7% of those treated in burn centers will survive. Unfortunately, many survivors will sustain serious scarring and life-long physical disabilities.
When Storms or Floods hits, SERVPRO of Carteret & East Onslow Counties is ready!
SERVPRO of Carteret & East Onslow Counties specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Carteret & East Onslow Counties, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 910-326-1344
For Immediate Service in Carteret & East Onslow Counties, Call SERVPRO
Carteret & East Onslow County Residents: We provide immediate service day or night!
SERVPRO of Carteret & East Onslow Counties provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Carteret & East Onslow. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 –910-326-1344
Whether your Carteret & East Onslow County home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your Carteret & East Onslow County commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Our Highly Trained Restoration Specialists can restore your Carteret and East Onslow County Home
SERVPRO of Carteret & East Onslow Counties is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Carteret & East Onslow Counties
SERVPRO of Carteret & East Onslow Counties specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Restoring Your Carteret & East Onslow Counties Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
Flooding and water damage events at Carteret & East Onslow Counties commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Carteret & East Onslow
SERVPRO of Carteret & East Onslow Counties specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Carteret & East Onslow Counties Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Often times people assume they have spider webs that see all of sudden because the soot from a fire. No spiders here, these are soot webs.
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Carteret & East Onslow Coutnies will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (910)-326-1344
Does Your Carteret or Onslow County Home Have A Mold Problem?
In Carteret and Onslow County mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 hours.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (910)-326-1344
Carteret & Onslow Counties 24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
SERVPRO of Carteret & East Onslow is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - 910-326-1344
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Carteret & East Onslow has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of SERVPRO of Carteret & East Onslow
SERVPRO of Carteret & East Onslow Counties specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Odors Got You Down?
Typical thermal fogger used by SERVPRO Professionals.
Odors, there everywhere right? Some good, some bad. And then you have the day after taco dinner night. Now that’s worse. It seems every dwelling has a different odor. Some houses always smell like good cooking even when nobody is cooking and then some smell like cat urine. Some smell like potpourri and some smell like cigarette smoke.
Then you have the severe cases, although day after Mexican ranks high. How about a decomposing body found after a period of time? In my opinion there is no worse smell than death. How about a structure that has suffered mold or water damage? How about a sewer backup? Smoke or soot damage? All of these have one thing in common, they are an odor.
How are odors detected?
No mechanical instrument is capable of detecting the presence of an odor or the intensity of an odor. Humans depend on the ‘ol sniffer as the best “instrument” for detecting odor. Odors result from airborne chemicals, gases, or tiny particles. As we breathe, these molecules are absorbed by the mucous membranes in our nose and mouth. Receptors, called olfactory nerve endings, send a message to the brain, where the odor sensation is interpreted.
Now think about this, how many times have you detected an odor but didn’t know where it was coming from. Or tried to sell or rent a house that was occupied by a pet person or smoker. They may not be there anymore but the odor is. Do you know why? It’s time to deodorize.
Stop the press!!
Time to throw a wrench. Did you know that some people THINK they smell an odor when there is really nothing there. Ever had somebody say, “Hey, come here and smell this. Do you smell that?” And no, I’m not talking about when your dad tricks you into coming into the bathroom as soon as he walks out. I’m talking about imaginary odor, also known as heightened awareness odors.
Imaginary or psychological odor is what people think they smell. They are stimulated by a given set of circumstances and strong impressions formed from similar circumstances before. Some people think they smell something because of the circumstances, not because of an odor actually being present.
Approach and Treatment
Deodorization would be simple if all odors came from one source and one deodorization method could eliminate all of them. Unfortunately, all odors do not come from one source. Do not panic though. We got you covered. Here is a brief description of the four basic procedures effective in most deodorizing situations.
1. Remove the odor source and debris. Remove the odor source, rather than attempting to deodorize the source. For example, if the source of odor is a dead animal you would not think of leaving the animal in place and trying to deodorize. In a building damaged by a fire, you should remove charred structural materials before deodorizing. Debris contaminated with smoke residues can continue to give off smoke odors or soils if not removed. Removing the odor source is the universal first step in deodorization.
2. Clean surfaces that have odor-causing residues. Small particles of odor-producing residue will continue to generate odors if not cleaned effectively. For example, in a grease fire you may need to clean significant concentrations of residue from the stove, countertops, vent hood, vent filter, cabinets, walls, and ceilings to stop odor problems. Check all rooms—not just the kitchen—to see how far odors have penetrated. Sometimes the entire structure and its contents may need to be cleaned to remove smoke odors.
3. Re-create the conditions that caused odor penetration. Distribute a deodorizer to a surface in a manner similar to the way odor-causing substances penetrated the surface. For example, if smoke created the problem, a deodorizing “smoke” or fog will be most effective in following odors to their source. If urine contaminated an area, then “flood” affected areas with deodorizers (sanitizers, neutralizers, and digesters). Odors can be distributed in more than one way. For example, decaying flesh produces fumes and gases, which are distributed on air currents to surfaces not in direct contact with the source. This situation may require multiple methods of deodorization. Directly saturate any areas that were physically contacted by the source. Fog other areas to seek out odor vapors that have penetrated surfaces.
4. Seal surfaces exposed to malodors. Sealing is not required in all circumstances, but may be called for in severe situations. If odor removal would be too expensive or impractical, sealing might eliminate the problem. Two common situations are sealing and painting ceilings and walls and sealing inaccessible duct surfaces in air handling systems.
Trust The Pros
You never have to go it alone and you shouldn’t have to. When odors are ruining your life and your dwelling call the pros. We have the equipment, solutions and people to fix all your deodorization needs. Remember, at SERVPRO, we make it, "Like it never happened".