Your LOCAL connection to restoration.
SERVPRO of Carteret & East Onslow Counties "Dream Team"!
Here at SERVPRO of Carteret and East Onslow Counties we are committed and dedicated to all of our customers. We are a 24/7, 365 days a year company, day or night we are here for you! Our team is made up of the following: estimator, production manager, crew chiefs, technicians, reconstruction manager, operations manager and office manager, with a fully loaded staff you can ensure that you will be in the best hands.
We are set apart from the rest, meaning we are your local restoration company we are "Faster to any size Disaster" because we live right here in the communities that we serve. We have built relationships with all of the local real estate and insurance companies so that we can fully serve every individual need.
To ensure we do every job the best way possible,. SERVPRO of Carteret and East Onslow Counties is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
Emergency Ready Profile (ERP)
Call your local Carteret SERVPRO!
“No one plans on a disaster, but you can plan to be ready for whatever happens!”
Whether you own a small business or corporate scale, water damage or fire damage can occur to your business. Did you know that 50% of businesses that experience a disaster may never re-open their doors? That is why we can’t stress enough, the importance of being prepared and equipped with the knowledge to mitigate until help arrives. Let us help you get prepared! Our Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) program we will provide critical information that will allow you to start mitigation and recovery services. The ERP is a quick reference guide tailored to your structure and business.
We will come to you and provide a FREE assessment of your facility. With this assessment we will create a detailed profile that references important contacts and phone numbers, such as your utility companies, insurance company, maintenance department, hospital, and other important phone numbers relative to your business. The Emergency Ready Profile will also prepare our SERVPRO of Carteret and East Onslow team. Don’t let your business be on the wrong side of the 50%.
We make it "Like it never even happened."
Clean Your Gutters!
Leaves and debris clog gutters- set aside time to do an annual cleaning!
Fall is here and leaves are falling. Have you cleaned your gutters? Cleaning your gutters help avoid water damage to your home, possibly foundation problems. Properly functioning gutters will carry water through a downspout and away from your home. But a clogged gutter does the opposite—allowing water to spill over the sides and pour down your walls. Pooling water around your foundation can cause erosion weakening the walls, leading to foundation cracks and settling. Clogged gutters can also cause water leaks on the inside of your home. Trapped water can rot the wooden boards your gutters are mounted to, allowing moisture enter your home. Avoid costly repairs by taking the time to do a gutter clean at your home once or twice a year.
Saltwater and Your Home by the Beach
Downtown Swansboro takes on a large surge of water from Hurricane Florence. Many establishments suffered damages.
Carteret County is vulnerable to both sound-side and ocean-side flooding. Many homes are located within minutes of the Atlantic beaches and are often in the path of severe weather, which includes hurricanes and tropical depressions. Areas adjacent to the Bogue Sound (including Morehead City) may experience minor flooding in low lying areas during high tide events coupled with strong onshore winds. Hurricanes that approach from the south or southeast and make landfall between Wilmington and Cape Hatteras bring the greatest danger of flooding.
Saltwater can be extremely corrosive to what it comes in contact with such as cement and bricks. Many structures are composed of wood or wood byproducts. Lignin is a glue-like substance that helps hold the wood structures together. When lignin meets saltwater, the lignin is broken down at a rapid rate. The affected wood or wood byproducts are weakened and could potentially collapse. Electrical components have been exposed to salt, the metal can corrode, which leads to shorts and other problems as well.
Saltwater can cause mold because the salt tends to retain water at a higher rate than non-saltwater. The affected areas need to be flushed with clean water to remove the salt, then pumped away and dried completely. Inspection is necessary to ensure there is no damage before repairs or restoration take place.
It is pertinent that one uses a professional mitigation and remediation company, like SERVPRO, when experiencing saltwater floods to your home or business and belongings. If your home is a victim of water damage, it doesn’t matter how handy you are—you need to call in a trained and skilled professional to mitigate. SERVPRO technicians are equipped to handle the challenge and be there immediately to restore your home.
Brent, Nancy, and their daughter Megan.
SERVPRO of Carteret and East Onslow Counties was established in Swansboro the year 2005. Here we are fifteen years later, still serving our local community the best we can. SERVPRO specializes in water damage, fire damage, mold remediation, storm damage, and commercial services. We are available twenty-four hours of the day, seven days a week, and three hundred and sixty-five days of the year. We are faster to any disaster with our highly trained technicians and advanced technologies to get the job taken care of.
In March of 2020 this franchise location was purchased by Brent and Nancy Roberson. Their team of trained professionals includes Megan Roberson, Dakota Roberts, Alexis Shew, Paul Mabe, Tony Martin, and Phillip Joos De Ter Beerst. We look forward to assisting the community in the future and being there when needed most.
Deep Cleaning Your Leather Couches
Leather Cleaner is solvent free and works without removing finish or harming the leather.
Movie nights snuggled up with Fido, dinner in the living room instead of the kitchen table, or a spot to take a quick nap. Or worst case scenario, your home has mold or water damage. The sofas in our homes are used in many different ways. A few bad stains and spills can ruin the overall appearance of a classic leather sofa--especially if left untreated or cleaned improperly. SERVPRO has three leather cleaning products that we offer for retail: Leather Cleaner, Leather Spotting Agent, and Suede & NuBuck Leather Cleaner.
SERVPRO's Leather Cleaner is a water based cleaner that can be used on all leather types. It is a mild cleaner that will not affect the leather's original properties or finish. It will clean most soiling as well as water-based stains. Leather Cleaner is solvent-free and works without removing finish or harming the leathers.
SERVPRO's Spotting Agent is a solvent based spot remover for Aniline and NuBuck leathers. It was developed to remove blue jean transfer, newspaper print, and deep stains like mustard and ink from Aniline and NuBuck leathers. This product works when nothing else will clean the leather. It is most effective on pigmented leathers, but can be used carefully on other types. For best results, apply the SERVPRO Leather Cleaner after use.
SERVPRO's Suede and NuBuck Leather Cleaner is a water based cleaner for top coated, aniline, semi-aniline, suede, and NuBuck leather types. This product cleans oil, water, and alcohol-based stains, as well as protects the leather from the effects of daily soiling.
Treat your leather sofa and make it look brand new again. Call SERVPRO of Carteret and East Onslow Counties to inquire on purchasing leather cleaners for your sofa. (910) 326-1344
Fire Prevention Week and Bonfire Season
Bonfire Season in Eastern North Carolina
Fire Prevention Week 10/4 – 10/10 2020
We have a whole week dedicated to fire prevention. Why is that? Fire Prevention Week is observed each year during the week of October 9th in commemoration of the Great Chicago Fire. This fire caused devastating damage. More than 250 people killed, 100,000 people left homeless, more than 17,400 structures destroyed, and more than 2,000 acres of land burned. Did you also know that every 90 seconds a residential fire occurs somewhere in the United States?
Here in eastern North Carolina, the weather has started cooling down in the evenings and we have come into what most would call “bonfire season”. We want to share some backyard fire pit safety tips with you to ensure your fun evening doesn’t become an uncontrollable nightmare. Whether you prefer a built-in or portable fire pit, choose one that is not too large for the area. The pit should be a minimum of 10 feet away from any structures or combustible materials as well as away from trees, fences, sheds, power lines, telephone wires, and at least 25 feet away from apartment or multi-residence buildings.
- Make sure that the seating area is large enough and properly placed for comfort and ventilation.
- Check wind direction before lighting a fire.
- Don’t use flammable fluids (gasoline, lighter fluid, etc.) to light or relight fires.
- To start the fire, use a lighter to ignite crumpled pieces of paper covered with small sticks. Then, add larger sticks and a log or two to keep it burning.
- Burn only dry material. Damp material will create excess smoke.
- Use a commercial fire pit screen on top to help prevent large amber from leaving the controlled area.
- Don’t wear flammable clothing (like nylon) or any loose-fitting clothing.
- Never leave the fire unattended, and keep pets and children far away from the fire as they will be attracted to it.
- Keep a fire extinguisher, garden hose, or bucket of water nearby.
- As the fire dies down, use a shovel and spread out the ashes to allow them to cool down. Then slowly pour water over those ashes and watch them closely to be sure that no burning embers remain or reignite. Put the cooled ashes in a specially designated ash storage metal can.
Commercial Residents: Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
Be careful! Without proper training, you could be spreading mold throughout your commercial property.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your commercial business. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside the building.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Carteret and East Onslow Countiesfor mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Carteret and East Onslow Counties specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold in your home or business, Call Us Today – 910-326-1344
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and absurdness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Carteret and East Onslow Counties today at 910-326-1344 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Hubert, NC Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and Soot Damage Can Cause a Pervasive Odor in Your Hubert Home.
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Carteret & East Onslow Counties will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 910-326-1344